Have no doubt about it- breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Eating a delicious and nutritious breakfast is an effective way to manage food cravings throughout the day and provide your body an instant increase of nutrition at a peak time when it needs to be refueled.
Breakfast is a great chance to fuel your body with lean proteins, a lot of dietary fiber and a high content of antioxidants. Let’s have a quick look at planning the right breakfast so that you can have a great result while following a healthy diet plan.
- Examine your calorie consumption. Breakfast must be the source of your 25-30% daily calorie needs. See to it that you are eating adequate quality protein at this morning meal, whether from lean meat, fresh eggs, beans or even protein powder.
- Calculate the prep time. Estimate the time you have in the morning to prepare your breakfast. If you are always in a hurry in the morning, choose a breakfast option that takes less time to prepare.
- What will be your energy source for your daily activities? An extra dose of carbs in the morning for energy along with your proteins will give you a jump start on the day. Vegetables and fruits are a good source since you will use them up during your day at the office.
- Keep your personal favorite taste in mind. The common mistake that many dieters make is force themselves to eat unpleasant foods. Following a healthy diet plan doesn’t mean that you have to eat dull food. Of course, you need to take in enough calories so you can get through the day. You can’t achieve that it by eating an unappetizing meal.
- Consider how various foods affect you. If a carb-dense breakfast makes you feel sleepy at mid-day, then switch to a lower carb breakfast.
- You must be satisfied with your food. If it is going to be a long time before you eat lunch, add enough fiber to your breakfast to boost total digestion time.
- Evaluate your body weight goals. If you need to drop down calories during breakfast, switching to an egg white and vegetable omelette is a smarter alternative than a carb-filled bowl of cereal.
The Bottom Line
Having a healthy breakfast is essential as it affects your daily performance as you carry out your daily activities. It may require time and planning to have the right breakfast but your effort will worth it once you achieve your desired body weight.
There are lots of healthy food choices. You can eat any foods according to your taste as long as it’s beneficial to your health. You can look to international breakfasts for different ideas on how to make your morning meal enticing. Following a diet plan doesn’t mean having a dull meal at all. What matters is how much nutrients you can get from those foods and how beneficial they are to your health.