“Disease” is a disease, if ignored becomes miserable. It has always been observed that issues related to health are painful, whether it is a fracture or any kind of severe disease. We get into trouble due to carelessness and hurt ourself. Let us discuss one such problem today, about a fracture or broken bones.
What is a fracture?
A fracture or a broken bone is a medical condition which damage the continuity of bones. It can be the result of high force impact, for example accident, athletic competition or some kind of trauma that weakens the bones for example Osteoporosis or bone cancer. However, fracture is not a life threatening, but requires immediate medical care. Urgent Care Near Me is the center, where a team of well experienced doctors is available to take care of you.
Symptoms of Bone Fracture:
Bone fractures are painful for several reasons. Given below are some signs of broken bones:
- Intense pain at the site of the injury that worsens with movement
- Swelling, numbness, or a bluish color of the injured area
- Deformity of the limb or joint if the injury occurred in the arm or leg
- Bone protruding through the skin
- Heavy bleeding at the injury site
- Gentle pressure or any movement cause pain
First Aid Care:
Few immediate actions that can be taken while waiting for medical help:
- Stop any bleeding: You need to apply pressure to the wound with a piece of clean cloth or a sterile bandage.
- Immobilized the injured area: Don’t move the patient if they are suffering from neck or back injury. To reduce discomfort, apply a splint to the area above and below the fracture sites.
- Apply ice packs to limit swelling and help relieve pain: Take a clean cloth and wrap the ice the cloth and place it to the injured area.
- Treat for shock: While waiting for medical care, give first aid treatment for a shock. If you observe the patient is having symptoms like weakness, dizziness, clammy skin, shortness of breath and increases heart rate. Make the person lie quietly with feet elevated about 12 inches and cover the person with a blanket to maintain the body warmth. Bayonne Emergency Room Hospital, is the place where you can get the best treatment.
If you are unaware then by reading this article will make things clear to you and before the medical care facility is available you can apply the above mention tips for immediate relief. I am sure this article will prove to be the best help for every one. So be careful and do not let any injury happen.