Why Convenience Foods are Fat-Loss Enemies
Most people on a weight-loss diet struggled to manage their time. They end up switching to the many convenience foods available. You may thing that eating something is better than eating nothing, but is it? The healthiest looking fast food may be loaded with unhealthy ingredients.
Convenience foods are diet killers. They usually are not only bad for your diet, but may be downright unhealthy. Eating them can actually increase your hunger and endanger your weight-loss..
Following a healthy eating plan may require more planning and preparation. You may have to learn to how to manage your time properly. For some people this can be very hard, but you can do it. Just make up your mind what is important to you. Taking the time to pre-plan your meals and by keeping a healthy snack on hand, you won’t be stuck with nothing to eat.
Let’s look at why convenience foods are very harmful to your diet so that you will understand clearly why you must stay away from them. It will take some time to change your ways but it’s beneficial to your health so it’s all worth it.
- Convenience foods run through insulin. Insulin is the fat storage hormone in the body. The more you consume it, the more body fat will be stored in your body.
- They give few nutrients. Convenience foods have gone through a lot of processes so most of the nutritional contents were already removed.
- They don’t have enough dietary fiber. Dietary fiber allows you to be satisfied after eating your food, so a lack of it will make you hungry after a short while.
- They raise blood glucose levels. Convenient foods break down very fast in the body so your blood will boost way up and then speeds back down. It will make you hungry, irritable and absent minded.
- It has simple sugars. Convenience foods contain sugars that you don’t want or have an artificial sweetener that’s harmful to your health.
- It has too many chemicals. Convenience foods contain food colorings and preservatives that are not beneficial to your health.
- They don’t provide satisfaction. You won’t feel satisfied after eating convenience foods. They do more to make you hungry than satisfy.
- It includes trans fats. Trans fats are the most dangerous kind of fats and they are only added to increase shelf life.
- They will lead you to bad eating habits. If you’re always dependent on convenience foods, you’ll never realize that choosing to eat healthier is not hard. You just have to plan for the times you will be hungry.
- They are packed with calories. Most convenience foods are packed with empty calories, which hinder your efforts to control your weight.
- They have small serving sizes, which lead you to eat more than what is necessary. You’ll tend to eat more and more calories, and your body will be left craving for nutrients. And craving more empty calories.
The Bottom Line
The success of your diet plan depends on your food choices. You are already aware of the effects of consuming convenience foods based on the information written above, so the decision of choosing a healthy meal is in your hands. If you really want to get rid of your excess fat then you should start choosing healthier whole food. You will look better and feel a lot better too.