The fast paced environment of today has brought about an awakening amongst the masses as they struggle to keep up with the increasing levels of stress associated with their hectic schedules . This in turn has placed yoga in the most wanted list particularly due to its naturally healing aspects. So the number of followers of this form of art has been on the rise day by day. If you’re wondering why yoga is gaining more and more believers , here are the reasons that speak for it:
- Peace Of Mind And A Stress Buster: Our minds are constantly busy throughout even when we are idle. This mind itself is one of the sources that determine our well being . A disturbed mind can harbour several diseases . Controlled breathing techniques and practicing meditation under yoga help in calming the mind and thus prevents any illness from occurring or recurring in the body. For example the lotus position or the ‘cross legged position’ helps in easing your mind.
- Strengthens Your Immune System : The immune system in our body consists of four main parts which include: the circulatory, digestive, nervous, and endocrine systems. The different yogasanas such as the ‘Shoulder stand’, ‘downward facing dog -flow’ , ‘ bow pose’, shoulder stand , all stimulate these systems and thus help in strengthening your immunity.
- Energy Booster : The Sun Salutation or Virbhadrasana in yoga acts as a great energy booster. You can try out this asana to fight fatigue and lethargy. ‘Pranayama’ which regulates the breath, adds the element of life to your body and thus helps in bringing back the lost and much needed energy to your body.
- Helps In Weight Loss : Celebrities like Jennifer Anniston , Britney Spears , Gwyneth Paltrow and many more have resorted to yoga which is the secret behind their well maintained figures. The Kapal Bhakti Pranayama which consists of taking deep breaths and exhaling quickly and suddenly and then taking a break after about 10 breaths and then continuing again,aids in weight loss .
- Fight With The Stiffness: Have you ever experienced stiffness in your body because of incorrect posture while sitting, standing or sleeping? The Tadasana (mountain pose), Vrksasana (tree pose), Bhujangasana (cobra pose), Gomukhasana (Cow Face Pose) aim at opening up your chest and shoulders and providing you some gentle back bending exercises.
- Improves Your Intuitive Ability: Practicing yoga empowers your thought process and ability . The lower abdomen twists, squats, chair pose, chair twists and binds help in removing the negative energy and detoxifying the body.This helps in improvement of the digestive system which further improves mental health.
- Helps In Maintaining Healthy relationships with others around you : The ‘hmm’ technique of yoga which involves covering of the nose and mouth with a handkerchief and saying and repeating ‘hmm’loudly with the mouth closed, helps to calm down the mind during any strained situations in any relationship.
Now that you are aware of the multiple benefits of yoga, make yoga a part and parcel of your life and stay happy forever!