Following an accident, Rehabilitation is the way to restore to good health and useful life.
After you being injured in an accident, rehabilitation put you on the road to recover and move on with your life.
Getting on with your life sooner after being injured in an accident is not that simple. After all, wounds and injuries do take time to heal and you might find that you are not able to get back to your normal routine, whether that be at work or at home, for longer than you thought it would take. In a situation like this, post-accident physiotherapy can help to shorten the length of time you take to recover as well as helping towards a full recovery.
Even after the doctors recover you from the initial pain, the stiffness of your legs, back and neck ache from whiplash, numbness and tingling in your hands and arms never let you to walk as smoothly as you once did. To get back to the life you once lived, Alliance Physical Therapy VA gets you on the road to the recovery path to regain your strength, relearn skills or find new ways of doing things you did before the accident.
At Alliance Physical Therapy VA, our treatment is often used in conjunction with other treatments, such as surgery, and as part of a complete rehabilitation plan.
- Soft tissues (muscles, tendons and ligaments) injuries don’t show up on x-rays.
- Soreness and muscle pain from whiplash is a signal a soft-tissue injury that may not heal on its own.
- Neck and back pain commonly doesn’t surface until hours or days after the accident.
- The auto insurance’s personal injury protection can pay 100% of accident rehabilitation program expense – without any deductions.
Who is a candidate for PHYSICAL THERAPY after an accident?
- People having pain or discomfort in any area of the body that was not present prior to your accident.
- People suffering from stiffness in neck, back, shoulders or any other area that was not stiff prior to your accident.
- The one who is having numbness or tingling in any part of your body that was not present prior to your accident.
Why do you need early PHYSICAL THERAPY?
The sooner you see a physical therapist the faster you will heal. The early intervention with physical therapy results in faster healing time compared with those who wait longer to begin their medical treatment.
At Alliance Physical Therapy VA, our goal is to bring Structure and Function into Alignment
- RELIEF – to provide you with immediate relief on your first visit. Using various therapeutic techniques we can provide the relief that you need.
- RESTORATION – as your body heals and your pain subsides, the next steps are to increase your flexibility, strength, and endurance. Our goal is to return you to the activities that you enjoy doing as soon as possible.
- MAINTENANCE – as the saying goes, “once you hurt yourself there is always a weak link.” We will give you customized exercises and stretches that will keep that ‘weak link’ strong and prevent the injury from recurring.
Alliance Physical Therapy VA‘s individualized treatments may include:
- Massage to relieve pain and stiffness in your aching muscles.
- Gentle stretching & exercise to improve range of motion.
- Pain management to help to live and sleep with less pain
- Modalities to reduce inflammation and spasms which will allow your joints to move easier.
- Home Exercises to help feel better at home
EVALUATION and TREATMENT
THE EVALUATION: To get better understanding of your difficulties and limitations, at Alliance Physical Therapy VA, one-on-one time will be spent with a qualified physical therapist.
THE TREATMENT: Once the limitations are determined we will develop and provide the individualized therapy plan to address the issues. You will have the opportunity to be involved in developing the treatment plan.
Why to come to Alliance Physical Therapy VA? At Alliance Physical Therapy we provide 24/7 access to online appointments, with most of the requests scheduled in less than 48 hours. With eleven convenient locations in the Metro Area, we are able to serve the Northern VA and DC region. We have years of experience and we hope we can help you feel whole and pain-free once again.
At Alliance Physical Therapy, we create individual plan that address your symptoms so that you can be quickly healed. To create effective plan we listen to your concerns, needs and situation carefully. We knew the path to recovery so you can move forward with confidence.
Our Locations: With eleven convenient locations in the Metro Area, we are able to serve the Northern VA and DC region. We are located in Alexandria / Near Alexandria Hospital, Alexandria / Mount Vernon, Fairfax, Richmond / Willow Lawn, Richmond / Colonial Heights, Springfield, Stafford,Tyson’s Corner, Woodbridge, Woodbridge / Opitz Blvd. and downtownWashington DC.